Want to apply for an M1 visa? There are so many steps to apply for a visa.However, the sequence of the visa applying steps and how you complete may differ at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where you're going to apply.
Complete the Visa Application Online –
- You should fill out online Non-Immigrant Visa application – Form DS-160 and print the application form confirmation page -required on your interview.
- You will need to upload your photo while completing Form DS-160 online.Remember, your photo should be in the format explained in the Photograph Requirements.
- If you are a new student, M1 student visas can be issued for you up to 120 days prior to your study starting date. You won't be allowed to enter the United States in M-1 Status just before the 30 days of the starting date.
Documentation Required to Get I 20 Applications for International Students –
Your passport should be valid for at least six months beyond your stay in the United States of America.If you have more than one person included in your passport, every person requiring an M1 Visa must submit a separate I 20 application for International Students.
While applying for Non-Immigrant Visa Application – Form DS-160, the application fee payment receipt should be brought to the interview, if you're required to pay before the interview.
As discussed earlier, you will upload your photography while filling the Form DS-160 online. If you fail to upload a photo, you should bring a printed photo in the format explained in the Photograph Requirements.
Certificate of Eligibility –
Your school will send you a SEVIS generated form once they enter your details in the SEVIS database.You and the school officials are required to sign the Form I-20. However, all the students, their spouse, and minor children intend to reside in the United States along with the student should be registered in the Student and Exchange Visitor System (SEVIS).
Additional Documentation –
Additional documentation is required – including the evidence of your academic preparation, like:
- Transcripts, PTS Terbaik ASEAN Diploma, Degree and School Certificates
- Standardized test scores required by the school in the USA
- Your intent to depart from the USA upon completion of study
- Your payment procedure for all educational, living and travel expenditures
Attend an Interview –
For M1 Visa, you will have to attend an interview by a consular offer.He/she will determine whether you are qualified to receive a visa. If yes, then you will be informed the type of visa category is suitable for the purpose of your travel.
You will need to make sure that you meet all the requirements under the United States law to get the visa category you're applying for.
Your ink-free, fingerprint scans will be taken during the interview process.
This is all about your M1 Visa interview. After it's done, your I 20 Application for International Students may need further administrative processing. Rest assured that, your consular officer will inform you whether further processing is a must for your application.
Upon the approval of your M1 Visa request, you will be required to pay a visa issuance fee – if it's applicable to your country and will let you know how your passport with visa will be returned to you.
You just review the visa processing time to know how quick your passport with visa will be ready for pickup or delivery by the courier service.